Sunday, July 5, 2009

A Great Sunday

I decided last night that I would try out a new ward. I wanted to try the singles ward that I am in the boundaries of. I had been there once before a while back and just wasn't feeling it. But I wanted to try it again.

The ward is Scottsdale 3rd ward. I really enjoyed it. Everyone was so friendly. There were a few familiar faces from my old ward in Tempe. It was great to see them again. I just felt very comfortable there.

Soooo, I am switching my records over.

A member of the bishopric bore his testimony about participating. I learned alot. I really like what he first said, "80% of success is showing up" not just showing up to church, but also to prayer and scripture study. He also said that we need to participate in everything. Not just show up but participate. This is something I have to really work on. I tend to do as little as possible. I hardly ever go to FHE or activities.

I am going to try harder to do better. Starting with FHE tomorrow night. I gotta say - it is easier to go to FHE when I know what they are doing. Tomorrow night we are playing pictionary. FUN!!!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Amen! : )

Kathy said...

That sounds great! You are in Scottsdales boundries? That is so far away, isn't there a closer singles ward? I'm glad you had a good time! Have fun.

Callie Thurell said...

No there is not a closer singles ward. I was driving the same distance to go up to the Deer Valley ward I was in. The scottsdale church building is on
56th st. and Indian School. So it is not terribly far

Anonymous said...

so this makes me very sad, but if it makes you happier, I guess I am okay with it.

Erna said...

yeah!!! I am pretty sure that is the ward Paul Johnson is in. Have fun at FHE tonight.

Callie Thurell said...

Yeah, Paul is in this ward. I even saw that Brady Apastello is there.