Tuesday, June 16, 2009

DDD Summer Tour - Stop #3



Los Taquitos Mexican Grill in Ahwatukee.
I wanted to get the carnitas tacos. When I got there - they don't call it carnitas on the menu. So I got the marinated pork - thinking that is what I wanted. But the marinated pork is Pastor, not carnitas. I should have ordered just pork.


Anyway - The marinated pork tacos were good. Just a tad bit too spicy for me. But still good. They top the marinated pork with cilantro and pico de gayo. It came with rice and beans. On my way home I read on the take out menu I grabbed that they don't use lard in any of their food. I knew right then that I wouldn't like the beans. I mean come on - you can't have decent beans with no lard in them. But once I tasted the beans I changed my mind. They were really good.

While there I also order a green chili burrito. A person can't really judge a mexican food restaurant without trying the green chili burrito.



I cut into the burrito and liked what I saw. Mmmmmmmmm - it was delicious. I give it two thumbs up.

I have not found a green chili burro better than Ponchos - until now. It was superb.

So over all - I give the place 4 1/2 stars out of five. I will definetly be eating there again!

2 comments:

Erna said...

Hellooooo! I think my green chili was pretty dang good!

Callie Thurell said...

Yes, it was good but you HAVE to try this green chili