Friday, February 10, 2012

Tough Week

To Our Little Tucker,

What a rough week you have had! On Monday morning you had to go to the doctor to have a circumcision. I was very nervous about taking you and made Daddy take the morning off work so that he could come with us.

Our appointment was at 7:00am and you couldn't eat after 5:00am. So I set my alarm for 4:30am to feed you before the cut off time.

You were a trooper! You did so well. You were not happy that everyone was disturbing your sleep and not letting you eat. But once they brought you back to Daddy and I, we fed you, you were very content.

You were my little snuggle bunny the rest of the day. You slept the day away and hardly ate, but the doctor said that would be normal.

It was on Tuesday that things got tough. You became very fussy and warm. I took your temperature and it was a little high, but not high enough to have to call the Dr.

Wednesday morning I took you back to the Dr. to have them check your wound. It looked great and was healing properly. They said your raised temp could be from the circumcision.

By Wednesday night your temp was 100.2. I was very worried about you because you just kept screaming. Only stopping to eat and sleep. Daddy snuggled you and we called the Dr. The nurse said if your temp got up to 100.5, to go to the ER. Thankfully that didn't happen and the nurse we talked to Thursday morning said that new little babies, like you, usually have temps in the 99 area and not to worry and that your fussiness was from being uncomfortable because of the circumcision.

That made me feel so much better. Mammy came over Thursday to watch you while I took a nap, and when I woke up you were not warm or fussy anymore. You were back to being my happy baby again!

Your daddy keeps saying, "You'll thank us one day" and in all honesty, you wont remember any of this! Thank heavens for that!!!

Love Forever and Always,
Your Mommy and Daddy

1 comment:

velcro said...

So sorry you had a rough week. You can always call me to come over. -Erna