Friday, March 13, 2009

My Kids Know Me Too Well

In honor of St. Patrick's Day we had some Leprechauns come to our classroom the last two nights. The first night they made a mess in our room. Blocks and unifix cubes were thrown everywhere. We left them a note asking them to come back and visit and leave us candy and gold.

Well, they came back last night and cleaned our classroom for us. When the kids came in this morning and saw our room they were very excited. There were little green feet all over our classroom. Plus the kids bookshelf was clean and organized.

One of my little guys Chase came up to me and said "It had to be the leprechauns that came, you would never clean our books!" I just had to laugh. Everyday the books get messy and everyday I make the kids clean it up. I never go anywhere near the books. I tell them, "you made the mess, you clean it up, I am not your maid." I guess it stuck with them! Which made the story of Leprechauns even more real for them.

P.S. They did leave us candy and gold!!!

3 comments:

Lindsay said...

Haha! That's a fun little thing to do!

Cheryl said...

Very clever little leprechauns I'd say. What a fun teacher you are!

Anonymous said...

How neat !!! ...no pun intended.