Thursday, January 8, 2009

Comments

First - I have a doctors appointment on Tuesday - I'll let you know the verdict when I get it.

I was reading one of the many blogs I follow the other day. Cheryl wrote an entire post on the joy of comments. She wants people to comment on her posts. I had been reading her blog for about two months and never commented. She had no idea I was reading.

I know - that was horrible of me. ANYWAY --- It got me thinking about how much I love to read comments about my posts. Many of Cheryls commenters commented about how much they like comments. I NEED TO COMMENT MORE!!!

Lindsay has always done an amazing job of posting comments on my blog. I have no doubt that she is a regular reader of my blog.

I decided that I am now going to post a comment on every blog I read. Just to let people know I am reading.

I had to laugh at the comment left on Cheryls next post - someone posted the comment "comment" haha!!! I guess if I don't have anything to comment I can just say "comment" to let them know I read!

It does make it fun and a little more personal as I read each blog. While I am reading I am thinking about what I can comment. I gotta say it makes me pay a little more attention to what I am reading.

So thank you Cheryl for opening my eyes to the joys of commenting.

Thank you Lindsay for being a good example of a great commenter.

I think everyone should give it a try.

Whether I know you or not - I am happy you are reading my blog. Let me know you are here!!!

12 comments:

Cheryl said...

I'm here. Thank you for commenting on mine. I'll be a regular commenter on yours as I'm a new follower. :)

Kethry said...

comment.

Hah, well, since I see that I'm on your bloglist, I should maybe read yours. But you've never commented on mine! So you need to comment as soon as possible.

Lori said...

Howdy! I read your blog, I tried commenting on every blog I read for a while, but then got out of the habit... I'll try and get back into doing it, I definitely prefer when I get comments too :)

RandiSue said...

HELLO!!!
How can I be a blogstalker IF I COMMENT???? DAH!

Lindsay said...

When I read blogs I consider it like a conversation with me and so I just think it would be natural to respond and that's why I comment. I stopped because I got the impression I was bugging people, so now that you say it is okay, I'll comment again :)

Good luck on Tuesday, I'll be checking for the outcome for sure!

Anonymous said...

Hi.

Aunt Heidi

Kristi said...

I'm here too. Yay comments!

Barbaloot said...

Hey-thanks for your comment on my blog. You're awesome.

Erna said...

I am always here. Let me know how your appointment goes. Love you.

JennBooth said...

Hey Callie! You do have a good point i never know who is reading my blog:) Thanks for the comment! How are you liking it down in cali? That is where you moved right?

Callie Thurell said...

No - I am still in Phoenix - I am in the north valley now

Anonymous said...

Okay Callie, I read your blog. After all, I learned the art of blog stalking from your mom and sister.

And I like the list you just posted, so I think I'll put it on my blog :)

Megan (Chris's sister)