My little ones are ALWAYS bringing things in for me. The trend this week - food! Now - A teacher must be careful when it comes to these kinds of gifts. I mean - it will be ingested - I don't want to keel over and die! A teacher must ONLY eat food from a reliable source.
An apple from a student is NOT reliable - ESPECIALLY on a day when they were served apples with their breakfast - hummm - Where did the child store the apple before coming to class - on the ground at the playground maybe????
Two sugar cookies wrapped in selophan and in a paper bag (which I got yesterday) RELIABLE. I know the family well and know that they are a clean family and that they wash their hands. By the way - the cookies were scrumptious!
A doughtnut brought in from a kid that doesn't look like she has bathed in a week - STAND CLEAR - BIOHAZARD. Now, one would think I was being a little harsh. I mean just because a kid is a little dirty does not mean the food is bad...
HOWEVER
When it is brought to you like this
A teacher should not even take a deep breath for fear of inhaling bacteria!
My little student - bless her heart gave me this doughnut when I picked them up this morning at the play ground. It was not wrapped - her hands were all over it AND there is grass and pet hair imbedded in the chocolate glaze. I wish I had a camera like Ashley's so I could take a nice close up.
All I could do was smile, say yummm and throw it away when she wasn't looking! Believe me, I had a laugh when I got home and retold the story to my mom!!!

4 comments:
lmao, that made me laugh :)
The things kids do:) Its the thought that counts right!!
I think you've heard my husband from the pulpit (oh ya!) talk about who would be bringing what to linger longer and that the guys had to wash their hands or buy the treat (girls he's not so squeemish about), he's a little germaphobic... ya. Oh well, better safe than sorry I always say (k, I don't ALWAYS say that, but I should). I think you did the right thing... the garbage.
ohh, well, at least she thought of you?!?! And at least she was trying to be kind to her fav. teacher. But I am right there with you, germs, yikes! Make that a double YIKES! I am not quite a germaphobic, but almost there, and I don't think that I could have handled that one too well!
Post a Comment