Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Tension

I don't respond well to tension. Who does? But for me it really is worse. Most of you know that I once suffered from anxiety. Through my program I have overcome that anxiety but somethings still set it off. One major event is a room full of tension. (Which is whats happening right now in my house) There are bad moods and upset people and it really sets off my anxiety. Right now I can fell every beat of my heart, my stomach feels like there is a burning brick in it and my throat feels like it is closing. Because of my program I will be able to keep it from becoming a panic attack and as soon as the tension subsides so will me symptoms. It is just really hard for me at times like this. When most of the events going on are beyond my control. I can't do anything about the tension filling this house right now. The only thing I can control is how I will let me body react to it. I guess it will be a long night of slow methodical breathing and constant positive thinking.

Here I go...

2 comments:

Lindsay said...

I actually didn't know you struggled with that! I'm glad you have ways to keep it in check, but I am sure it is still hard getting through it.

Is it meditative methods that you use to relieve the physical symptoms?

Callie Thurell said...

I went through the progra, "Attacking anxiety and depression"
It teaches you some ways (some of which are meditative) to help you through panic attacks. But the main part of the program helps you change your way of thinking so that you don't even have the anxiety anymore. It was a miracle worker.