I first read Twilight by Stephanie Meyer. It is a story about vampires. I wasn't really interested in reading it but my cousin (along with everyone else in the world) recommended it. So I gave it a try.
I was sucked in before the end of the first chapter. I couldn't put it down. But I had to when I lost my reading glasses. As soon as I had my new part the book was right back in my hands.
Once I was done with Twilight I went right to the bookstore (in the middle of rush hour traffic) and bought the next two books in the series.
I read New Moon in 1 1/2 days. (Remember I am on summer break - I have nothing else to do!)
I took a little more time with Eclipse - the third book in the series. I wanted to savor every last second. Now I am stuck waiting for the final book in the series to come out in August.
What am I going to do?!?!?!
READ MORE!

After the twilight books, I read Undercurrents by Traci Hunter Abramson. It is about a swimmer in the Witness Protection Program. Just to let you know how much I love this book - this is the 5th time I have read it. There are two other books in the series and I have read them several times but I only read Undercurrents this time around.
Last summer I read the book Free Men and Dreamers Vol. 1 by L.C. Lewis - It is about the war of 1812. This summer vol. 2 came out. It had been so long since I read vol. 1 I couldn't remeber the whole story so I read vol. 1 again and then I read vol. 2 - Now I am stuck waiting for the next vol.

Next I read the book Evidence by Clair Poulson. It is about a kidnapped boy and the search to find hiim. I am a big fan of Clair Poulson and have read almost all his books but I wasn't very impressed with this one. It just read to slow for me and there wasn't enough action and suspense or even mystery for that matter.
I just finished the book Flashback by J. Michael Hunter. It is about a woman how is trying to solve amurder from 20 years ago. I have never read anything by this author but it was REALLY good. It was just a great mystery.
Right now I am reading The Host by Stephanie Meyer (same person who wrote the Twilight series). It is about "souls" who control human bodies ("hosts"). It sounded really wierd and I didn't buy it at first but a reliable source told me it was really good - a page turner - so I went a head and bought it. So far I am enjoying it and my source said it doesn't even get good until after the first 90 pages. So I'll let you know what I think.
After The Host I plan on reading the last book in the Twilight series - Breaking Dawn. If I am done with The Host before it comes out I'll let you know what I'll be reading.









1 comment:
Yes, I've been hearing a lot about those Twilight books, but haven't been interested. Maybe I'll save those for when I don't have a queue to read!
Post a Comment