Wednesday, July 9, 2008

I know, I know

I have been a terrible blogger lately. You would think with a summer off I would have plenty of time to blog. I do, I just don't really have anything to blog about!!!

I spent the week so far babysitting Ry and Ellie. Erna and Chris are in Hawaii for ten days. They got a babysitter but that is a long time for a babysitter to be with the girls. The girls came to Winslow with us for 4th of July weekend. I took the girls back to their house on Monday after noon. Ricki (the babysitter) was going to take over for the rest of the week. It didn't happen that way.

When Ricki showed up Ryleigh was having a screaming fit. She was hungry, tired, and missed her mom. While I was talking to Ryleigh in her room Ellie came in crying. Ellie would let me put her down but at least Ry wasn't crying anymore. At this point you could cut the tension with a knife. Ricki asked to speak to me and she started crying. She was worried the girls didn't want her there. All the crying made me cry. I explained to Ricki (by the way, is 17) that the girls were just exhausted from their trip and that they really do like her. She told me that she was having a hard time, and she had never babysat for so long before. So I told her we could break up the time. I would take the girls during the day and she would be there at night. This really eased her mind.

I came back to the girls house on Tuesday and Wednesday and Ricki stayed the nights. She is going to take the next two days, so I am done. JD will take the girls Friday evening. I told Ricki she can call me if she needs me to take Friday. I think she will be okay.

I wrote out a schedule for while I had the girls (I went into teacher mode to help keep me sane!) I wrote out a schedule for Ricki as well so she would know what she could do with the girls these next two day. I really think that will help. I have had the girls so busy with this schedule that even Ry took a nap today. I have crafts for them to do (one a day) and games to teach them ( we did bowling in the hallway with plastic cups and a soccer ball). I had designated snack time with decent snacks so they weren't munching ALL DAY. Plus they had a special treat they could have only if they finished all their meal. So they were eating very well which kept them happy.

All in All it was pretty easy babysitting.

1 comment:

Lindsay said...

Kudos to you! You sound like a fun babysitter :-D